A breathtaking story of an angel and a demon.
Attractive Book Cover which makes the readers curious to know what the story is all about.
Unique story based on a true event in Pune. The author takes the readers on an emotional roller coaster journey.
The basic message is “Confession is the best punishment” and “Never surrender”.
I have read all his books and each of his books has an inspiring message derived from real-life experiences. Along with the emotional journey of the story, we get awareness of the diseases and the effects. The medical terms discussed are in simple language. His love for nature is revealed to readers. He creates interesting characters that you invest in emotionally. He has a good sense of humor. I loved the comparisons of a huge chain in brokers neck to the one we tie for a suitcase in trains, waiting to know about the rent to the result of the big boss and describing an emotional moment with Karan Johar movie.
This is Neel’s story and how hard it really was for him to hear the voice of his heart. All the credit goes to an unusual girl – a girl to remember.
Author takes us on a tremendous journey of Life through Fear, Pain, Humanity, Love, Rumors, Confession, Friendship, Luck, Hope, Love Triangle, Family, Courage, Loneliness, Responsibility, Unconditional Love, Being a single parent, Faith, Disappointments, Secrets, Lust, Trust, Beliefs, Realisations, Struggles, Memories and Chances.
The teachers and students behavior in School, the upbringing of children by parents, what goes through in the minds of a teenager and comparison of living in posh and normal society has been analyzed and well put.
A lot of unsolvable questions arises in our minds and the mystery unfolds beautifully. Touching moments in the chapters which will leave you in tears.
I loved the separate chapters of Neel’s Mom, friend Aarav, and Annu, which tells about each person’s characteristics and allows us to get the better view from both sides.
Some of the extract from the book which I liked and thought-provoking:
- I spent my entire childhood wishing I were older, and now that I was, I was thinking what I had become. I often wished I could be a child again so I could grow up once again and be whoever I wanted to be.
- The more you want a thing, the greater the force with which the universe drives it away.
- ‘A woman is a mother, a sister, a friend, a daughter to someone. You can understand these relationships better when you become a father or a husband. A relationship is the mother of all feelings. You will realize that she is not just a body, she is much more than that.’
- Great achievements always start with small sacrifices.
- Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools and accepted by idiots.
- Time passes, but some things never change.
- Never undermine the presence of a friend who has always been there for you.
- When we own our mind, we talk sense; when something else owns it, we talk about useless things.
- Loneliness is the biggest enemy a person can have.
- A mother’s silence is the loudest scream.
- Memories are a gift and a curse.
- No exam is tougher than the exam one has to face in life.
- Simplicity does have its own beauty.
- A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.
Author’s masterpiece in writing such a heart-touching story.