First book: 34 Bubblegums and Candies is a collection of short, real-life incidents that have inspired the author in the course of her life.
Love is always stronger than death.
Just like candies that melt and fade and the bubblegum that you spit out when you are done with it.Because there are incidents that make you ponder and make you want to think and maybe re-think. Like chewing a bubble gum. Then there are others, spiked with doses of humor that make you laugh and leave you a feel-good sensation. Just like eating a candy.
Each morning when you open your eyes you are gifted 86,400 seconds to make a difference. And that by itself is worth celebrating!
Life Lessons from the book:
1. You have to try harder. Never give up!
2. If there is an underlying bond of deep love, no matter how terrible the misunderstanding, the relationship survives.
3. How trivial all our problems seemed compared to the ones some people face every day.
4. It is best to be like the duck that goes with the flow. To float along the river effortlessly, enjoying the gentle flow of the water and to treat barbs and insults thrown at you, like the water that falls on a duck’s back.
5.Radiators fill you with energy. Radiators are that when you finish interacting with them, you feel happy, positive and recharged. Drains, on the other hand, leave you feeling down.They could be just anyone in your life who leaves you feeling inadequate in a way that cannot be described.
Drains could also be called emotional vampires. Fridges (cold people who leave you chilled), Baths (people who are full and make you want to dive in and soak), and even chemical toilets (they’re full of crap) and knew someone who was a cross between a food processor and a waste disposal unit! Life is so short and so fleeting. It is entirely up to us to enjoy each moment. There will, of course, be moments when you feel sad, hopeless, and despondent and, as though, all is lost. When that happens, it is time to pick up the phone and call the best radiator you know.
6.A-ha moments’ –the moment which was a Eureka moment and where you overcame odds by and celebrated victories.
7. Sometimes when things do not go the way you want them to, when someone does not behave the way you expected them to or when someone unexpectedly turns up where they are not supposed to, it might momentarily shake you. But it always helps when you look at it from the other person’s point of view.
8.The bond gets nurtured only by the efforts one puts in. The more one sows, the more one reaps.It is also good to remind oneself that even though it is nice to be needed, there is always a price to pay!
9. How different Kids are from adults. They are not afraid to imagine and they are not afraid to dream. They are not afraid to fall down and if they do, they just get up and carry on with life. It made one wonder as to why we adults do not have the enthusiasm that the children do, to try out new things. Why are we so enclosed in our comfort zones, not wanting to step out? Maybe it is because of the two monsters.Inside most of us, live two monsters. Yes and No.
Y likes you. Y appreciates anything you do.N is not so kind. N criticizes anything you do.Y believes in you. Y thinks you can achieve anything. N tells you that your ideas are not good. N reminds you what it is to be ridiculed. Y sets you free. N holds you back.N is sometimes useful, when it pushes you into doing something about whatever has been bothering you.. But if you let N take over completely, you get defeated.If N perks up its head when you really want to pursue your dreams, it is best to tell N to buzz off.
“Believe and you shall achieve.”
10. You don’t realize it when it is happening but sometimes, in life, it is these unexpected gifts like crazy laughing sessions with friends that you long cherish, even years after the moment has passed.
11.I’m thankful for the good days. I’m thankful for the bad days, too. It is all a matter of perspective and when people tell me, “Have a nice day!” I smile because I know either way I will!
12. Sometimes it is indeed great to dance like no one is watching, even if they are.
13. It is the power that comes when you decide to make your relationship work, no matter what. Once that power is attained, words like ‘divorce’ automatically get relegated to the trash bin which is ideally where they belong. After all, you had seen something in that person you fell in love with. Just because some things changed, it does not mean that one cannot work to make things go back to what they used to be. Too simplistic and idealistic a view? Perhaps. But nevertheless, it is worth thinking about.
14. The small details of our lives are what really matter in a relationship. Carrying wife
17. Make a difference – have a big smile on your face, truly rejoice when good things happen and to spend time with the ones you love, savoring and cherishing even small moments.
18.Blood is thicker than water.Why don’t we remember that no matter how much money you have or you don’t have, you still need four pallbearers to carry you on your last journey and one of them would most probably be your sibling?
19. It is definitely good to remember and recall details.
20. May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you happy. The happiest of people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; you can’t go forward in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.Live your life so that at the end, you’re the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.”
21.What seems very important and larger than life to you may not even make a small difference for others. the best thing to do when such things happen is simply to join in the laughter and then treat it like yesterday’s newspaper.
22. Sometimes life can be full of bizarre coincidences that have no explanation. Truth can really be stranger than fiction.
23. Kids really say the darndest things. It is amazing, at times, how much insight they have. And how piercingly true their words are.
24. Dealing with the loss of any kind is hard. Life in all forms is to be revered and if you manage to do that, you manage to see the magic in life.
25. Has it ever happened to you that when someone makes a slightly disparaging remark, you don’t know what to say? Hours later when you are thinking about it, a smart repartee strikes you and you wish that you had thought of it right then, at that point in time. A Practice they say makes perfect.
26.”Promises should never be broken”.
27.”Oh God, grant me the courage to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference,”
The older you grow, the more accepting you become. You are willing to be content in the knowledge that there are some things beyond you. Some things that you just can’t do. And just because you can’t do it, it does not make you inferior in any way.
28. Art requires a certain temperament to feel the passion and capture it on canvas and even appreciate it.
29. Laugh heartily: If you have a crazy pal who makes you go into peals of laughter, hold on to that friendship—nurture it, cherish it. It is truly priceless.
Spend time with children: They say it helps to awake the inner child in you. If you have your own kids, take time out every day and really pay attention to what they want. “Don’t just present gifts to children. Be present as a gift to them.” Spending time with children teaches you so much, apart from amusing and providing a good laugh.
Stay away from the grouches and the drains: Move away from the drains and seek out the radiators who will bring sunshine into your lives.
If you love someone, say it.
Be content with your body.
Enjoy the small things.
Whatever you choose to do live, love and laugh.
Not everyone who laughs with you is a friend. Laugh and others laugh with you; cry and you cry alone.
Author’s feelings are reflected in her writings and lots and lots of people began writing saying how her writing had given them hope, how it had changed their outlook and how much it had helped them be positive. Many encouraged her to put it all in a book.
Live, Love and Laugh. The gift of life is worth cherishing. If you want to do something, do it right now. Don’t put it off. If you love someone, tell them, show them, and express what you feel. Live without regrets—and cherish the gift of laughter and life. Every single moment of it.
After 10 years, She is releasing the new version of 34 Bubblegums and Candies. All the favorite stories from that are there and many new stories as well. True stories from her life. Book ” LOVE A LITTLE LONGER” releasing on April 27th. It is divided into 5 sections. The Book Cover is already released.It looks attractive and pleasing to eyes. It brings out a positivity within.
Eagerly waiting to read the book…